Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Door That Never Closes



There's a door that never closes,
though it opens but one way-
It's the door that leads to Heaven
at the end of life's long day.
It's the threshold of forever
where the heart is always glad,

It's a respite for the weary
and a comfort for the sad.
It's the door to peace and healing
and the door to joy and grace
Where the Master greets each quest by name
and with a warm embrace.

And the loved ones who pass through
into the light that's shining there
Find a sweet and perfect home
within our Father's loving care.

r.has

source~ Yellow Door~Holly Mathis Interiors

Pinterest, Savannah, Charleston

My old door collection is steadily growing.
I see a new one and I just have to have it.
Where it will end I do not know.
There is just something about the rust, chips and dents.
French blue, pink, yellow, black, white and just plain plain...


Have a lovely day.
xo~Clara

http://www.pinterest.com/emptyspool/
 

9 comments:

Shirley said...

Beautiful collection. Do you collect these from Pinterest or do you collect them through your travels? I love them all and couldnt pick a favorite..
~Shirley

Lavender Cottage said...

I love looking at doors and see a purple door knob that would look at home here. You should visit Georgianna Lane's photography blog where she has the same passion for doors.
Judith

Rosewalk Cottage said...

Thank you for stopping by and telling me about Georgianna Lane's blog. It is absolutely gorgeous! I know where I'll be spending most of my time from now on.
~Clara

The French Hutch said...

What a beautiful blog you've created Clara. Lovely in words and photos. I love your door collection. I have a love for them too and have photographed door while traveling. I will have to take the grand tour here. I am so happy to meet you. I'll be your newest follower.

~Emily
The French Hutch

Carolyn said...

I love old doors too! I love your china in a previous post and I see you are a fan of Tasha Tudor too.
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog and I enjoyed my visit here.

Carolyn

BROCANTERIE DERDIJK said...

What a beautifull poem and al the pictures of old doors are so lovely! I am so glad that I discovered your blog!
A nice day to you!

Love,
Esther

Deb said...

You have such a pretty blog. I'll follow along from Ontario, Canada. Deb=^..^=x4

Rosewalk Cottage said...

Thank you Deb. So nice to meet you and thank you for stopping by.
~Clara

Nancy Reinke said...

I love old doors. These are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you. ~Clara~