Monday, February 27, 2012

Dolly

Dolly

Here is my dolly all tattered and torn.
Everyone loves her even though she is worn.
Her body is floppy and her hair is a mess,
But I love her dearly, and she loves me best!

Author: Unknown


Hello everyone! I hope you are having a nice day so far. Today I am sharing a few of my porcelain doll collection. Jenny, a friend of mine, had an antique store called Afternoon Antiques. I found these dolls in her upstairs doll room . They were thrown into a box naked and wigless. The infant doll had only his head and arms and I had to make him a body. So I rescued them and made clothes shoes and purchased wigs.







Reproduction Bebe'  Jumeau ~   jointed composition French body with straight wrists, paper weight eyes lined in black with red dots in corner of eyes, painted upper and lower lashes, finely feathered brows, painted nostrils, closed mouth lightly outlined, pierced ears.

Reproduction Tynie Babe© head mold. 1924 E I Horseman, Made in Germany.  Cloth body.

Reproduction  French  Bebe' Bru.

Reproduction H doll

I made the clothes using vintage lace, doilies and undergarments.


Vintage ribbon
The first pair of shoes in the picture were made in France. I made the shoes on the bottom.





French doll shoe mark

crocheted hat
My dress designs were inspired by this picture of my mother and her sisters. The little one sitting is my mother. Aren't her little shoes sweet? 


Left to right. Minnie, Janet, and sitting, my mother Ethel.


Vintage girl and doll.

Have a nice day ~Clara

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Such pretty dolls (I forgot that you rescued them), and I love the pic of grandma with her sisters!

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you. ~Clara~