Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pretty Colored Glass

From within or from behind, a light shines through us upon things, and makes us aware that we are nothing, but the light is all. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


I love how these vases look in the window reflecting light. The first one to the far left was my grandmothers'. The light blue one I got for fifty cents at a flea market sale. It is crackled, delicate, and has the prettiest fluted spout.(picture below). The one with the peach roses is a turquoise color and a pretty shape, with nice curves and ridges that feel good to the hand. The pink hobnail I got for $1.00 at an antique sale in the mall years ago. It also has a pretty ruffled top. (picture below)







The pink and crystal beaded necklace belonged to my mother and I made the mother of pearl and pink bead necklace. It has a pendant etched with a bird on a branch.



My pink hobnail vase along with a pretty clear glass bottle with a ground glass stopper. I got it recently from a local antique store.

I hope you have a nice day. It is a little chilly here today but beautiful sunshine.
Hugs~Clara

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Beautiful! I love colored bottles and vases. :)

Shirley said...

Oh how nice they all look. I dont know if I could pick a favorite but I do love the crackled blue with the handle..and what a great price too. They look so sparkly in the sunlight! Very pretty..

Nancy Reinke said...

Lovely. Little colored vases are so charming. Thanks for sharing.

Nella said...

Beautiful Clara, my favorite is green coloured glass and pink is pretty also...thank you bringing attention to a beautiful collectible. N.xo

Gillian L. said...

Thank you for visiting my blog which has led me to your beautiful blog! Your collection of vases are wonderful with the different shade of coloured glass and I see we have many interests in common, pets, quilts, Victoria Magazine....are many more. I plan to return for more visits...lovely!

Gillian

Bluebell Woods said...

OH I do so love hobnail and especially that cranberry colour. Makes me want to collect some but I have so much junk around now. Still I just know it would find a home with me should I ever find some at a garage sale or thrift store. I do buy at antique shops but its much more fun when ya get a prize at a sale.
Janice

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you. ~Clara~