Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Regal Rabbit

Hello everyone. I hope you had a nice Wednesday. I just returned from a wonderful time at Seabrook Island. We had beautiful weather the three days we were there. We meaning my quilting-sewing buddies. Watching the sun rise on the beach, eating, sewing, eating, sitting on the deck, eating, reading, napping, eating. Lol. We had a great time. Well back to my post. Now that it is officially Spring, I have decided to do a little decorating. Here are a few of my pictures.


This is an English dresser in my Family Room. I guess I should have shown the front since it is nice. That will have to be another post. The quilt on the wall I made and won a first place blue ribbon in the Charleston Cobblestones Quilt show. My Regal Rabbit holding the potted topiary, came from an antique store for a very good price. I just love him. The plate from TJmaxx, is I Godinger and Co. and the clay pomegranate was a gift from my dear friend Barbara.


















I hope you have a nice spring day.
~Clara
 

11 comments:

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

I love the quilt!

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

I'm sorry, I pressed the send button too soon and didn't finish my earlier comment! I meant to say: I love the quilt! I can see why it won a blue ribbon. Can you share the pattern name with us? Thank you for sharing these lovely photos with us!

Connie said...

Sea Brook Island, the name alone puts me into a vacation mood. Visions of long walks on the beach, filling a basket with sea shells. Feeling the sun on my back. Oh my! I love your standing rabbit. How cute is he? Thanks for sharing, Connie

Rosewalk Cottage said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and the nice comment. The pattern is called Carolina lily but I didn't follow the pattern because instead of piecing, I wanted to applique it. My quilts name is Savannah Baskets.
~Clara

Rowan said...

Sounds as though you had a great time at Seabrook Island. Your quilt is lovely and your Regal Rabbit has a nice happy smile on his face.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Beautiful!Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

Laurel Stephens said...

That rabbit looks like he might talk (and have something interesting to say to boot)! Love it!

Magnolia Cottage said...

It's always nice to getaway and Seabrook Island sounds wonderful. I love your quilt and cute bunny. so adorable! Have a wonderful weekend! Hope you will visit Magnolia Cottage.

Lisa

Something Special said...

Oh I am a new follower. You and I would get along famously. We like the same things. I love your regal rabbit and all your porcelains and ceramic pieces. Come and see my Easter decorations post. I think you will like some of it.

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

This rabbit is so sweet. Reminds me of Br'er Rabbit - very popular here in our neck of the woods - LOVE your quilt - the whole vignette is lovely! Thank you for sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Cindy~ said...

Hey, I have a rabbit just like that but he's all white! You can see him on my blog post about my little kitchen herb garden. I was so fortunate to buy him for only $8.00 because the gentleman bringing him in to the antique store said that his wife was creeped out by his feet!

Funny.

I'm so glad that she was!

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you. ~Clara~