Friday, March 30, 2012

Shabby Chic Pink Saturday

She Walks in Beauty
~ Lord Byron  

She walks in beauty, like the night
   Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that’s best of dark and bright
   Meet in her aspect and her eyes;
Thus mellowed to that tender light
   Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

One shade the more, one ray the less,
   Had half impaired the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
   Or softly lightens o’er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express,
   How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

And on that cheek, and o’er that brow,
   So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
   But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
   A heart whose love is innocent!
















 
Thank you for stopping by. I'm joining Beverly for Pink Saturday.

10 comments:

Wren said...

So lovely! These photos bring back some great memories for me. Thank you for sharing!

Bernideen said...

I've just got to find some courage to start painting some of my antiques! Beautiful post here!

Nella said...

Hi Clara, lovely post as usual, I paint everything it seems....although now I am leaning towards adding darker pieces to the mix!!! I visited a lovely all white shop while away in Florida, I will be posting about it soon. Enjoy your weekend N.xo

Diane said...

Love these images....I'll take one of each please! My fav would have to be the second pic and the lovely beach bag. Diane

janice15 said...

I love them all, but the rug is my absolute favorite...very pretty...

~Shabby~Prim~Delights~ said...

Beautiful pictures...just cant beat pink anything.
HPS
Michelle

The Porcelain Rose said...

Clara ~
Love this post! Such beautiful photos.
A girl after my own heart.
I have every Rachel Ashwell book (and her CD's). I read them often. She has inspired me a great deal through the years.
I especially like the Country Living white and vintage pink beddding. Love those lace pillows!
Thank you for sharing.
Will visit again soon.
Happy Pink Saturday!
Elizabeth
http://theporcelainrose.blogspot.com/

Gabriela Delworth said...

HPS!


What a lovely post! I love roses!


Gabriela

Helen Farah said...

Beautiful pictures, i enjoyed all of them.

Ania chic said...

very nice

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you. ~Clara~