Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tea on the Titanic

HAUNTING EYES

Haunting eyes peering at me
Through the veiled, forgotten past;
Spirit voices, phantom actors
Beckon me to join their cast...
Time unravels ancient stitches
As I vainly grasp each thread;
Scattered whispers, faded photos
Tell the tale of those long dead...
Withered memories pressed like flowers
Speak of young love once in bloom;
Scented traces faintly linger
Over long-neglected tomb...
Ghostly chanting leads me blindly
Down each darkened corridor..
As I ponder things that once were
-Things that are will be no more...

-Robert Westberry

I've had this poem  for several years. It was published in an old Victorian  magazine



Spode Blue Room transferware,white and gold plate- Bavaria. 4.4. 


I found this blue stone brooch in my jewelry box and I thought it would represent the blue stone necklace that Rose wore in the movie. My Cache Pot and the little bee dish are both by Andrea by Sadek.



 I found this teacup at a thrift store and the little saucer is from Germany and was my husbands when he was a little boy. There is a tea plate to match and sadly the little teacup was broken. The mark on the plate has a lion with a crown and says Bavaria. 4.4. (having tea sets for little boys must have been a European thing I think)



I found the white plate on top at an Antique store near by. I fell in love with the pretty embossed edge.

The picture is of my grandparents on their wedding day, it was taken in the same years as the Titanic disaster.





My gold flatware is from Germany and was a gift from my mother-in-law.

The picture of my grandparents didn't come out well. It is hard to shoot a picture through glass.

A little wine with your tea?

These white roses are new to my garden. They are called White White. Knock-Out Roses.

Blue edged plate is by Andrea by Sadek

I love how the lace curtain is reflected in my tea.




I am joining Sandi for Tea on the Titanic


Thank you for stopping by to visit. Have a beautiful Sunday and as always, enjoy a cup of tea.

~Clara

21 comments:

Johanna said...

Hi Clara,
great post! Love the china, the rose pattern flatware and the pearly handbag. Isn't that amazing, that your grandparents lived in those days. I imagine, how they have read the newspaper with the terrible news about the desaster. The whole world must have been shocked that days. Thank you so much for this romantic tea time.
Best greetings, Johanna

denise said...

Hi Clara! What a lovely post! I love your lace curtains. The white plate looks like it has lace on it. How pretty the brooch looks! Denise from englishpurpleribbon.blogspot.com

Antiques And Teacups said...

Wonderful post! Sucha beautiful setting! How wonderful that you have your grandparent's wedding photo! The poem was a lovely addition.
Ruth

Denise said...

Lovely post, well done.I love everything about your tea table,wish I could really be there and sit with you for tea. Denise

Deb said...

Very pretty and I love that tea-cup. Deb

Beth said...

Your tea table is really stunning!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Clara,
Your china is very lovely! Such a pretty teacup too! Love your gold flatware and the how lovely to have your grandparents' wedding picture! Thank you so much for joining me for Tea on the Titanic. Have a delightful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Bernideen said...

You have captured everything so well...we can imagine sitting at a table there!

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Just lovely!

Jake said...

Great post, great blue! I posted about Titanic on the weekend.
http://junkboattravels.blogspot.ca/2011/02/sunday-skies-branson-missouri.html

SmilingSally said...

I love the blues on the Titanic.

Your link was defective; I fixed it for you.

Happy Blue Monday!

Jo's This and That said...

Beautiful love the plates

Joy said...

I watched part of the Titanic documentary on the History channel last night but then we lost power.
Love that pretty brooch and teacup :)

Lavender Cottage said...

Hello Clara
A pretty tea table and nice tribute to the Titanic. The brooch adds a pop of blue to go with the china.
Judith

Leah H. said...

So lovely.. Super like the jewelry..

Visiting for Blue Monday- hope you can stop by:)

http://www.sweetposh.info/2012/04/too-small-too-little-bye-summer-dress.html

Wendy@Once upon a rose haven said...

Such a lovely post! I love your white knock-out roses... so beautiful! Oh, and I love your blog's header too. ;)
Hugs,
~Wendy

Texas Tea Party said...

My favorite part of your tea is the lovely photo of you grandparents. It is so well thought out with the pin representing the jewelry Rose wore on the Titanic. Your photos are very pretty and I love the china plates. Thanks for Sharing! Pam

Pondside said...

What a lovely setting. Blue and white always attract my attention, and this was beautifully done.

Terri said...

Oh a lovely post! Your tea cup is very sweet and very romantic. As is the rest of your post with your beautiful tea setting.
Hugs,
Terri

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

WOW! That setting is just lovely. And, I instantly thought of Rose's ring when I saw the brooch. Perfect.

Blessings,
Spencer

Riognach said...

Looking at your gold teaspoons came as a pleasant surprise - my stepmother, who is from Munich, gave us a lovely serving set of the identical pattern when we were married from her own silverware, and said it was called Hannau Rose. I just found your site, and the beautiful soundtrack and lovely photos are exactly what I needed, having gotten some devastating news about one of my patients today when his lab reports arrived in the office. Thank you for being my "quiet space" this afternoon.It means more than I can say.

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you. ~Clara~