Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Cottage Garden Tea


 Cup Of Tea

When the world is all at odds
And the mind is all at sea
Then cease the useless tedium
And brew a cup of tea.
There is magic in its' fragrance.
There is solace in its' taste;
And the laden moments vanish
Somehow into space.
And the world becomes a lovely thing!
There's beauty as you'll see;
All because you briefly stopped
To brew a cup of tea.

~Unknown~


"Bananaquits ( Honeycreepers) busily flying back and forth with plant stems and thin strips of bark they have pulled from  the palm trees. Then they disappear in a luscious flowering Bougainvillea bush"  Marjolein Bastin.

I love this pretty decorative plate with it's antiqued crackled finish and vibrant colors



A decorative plate but it makes a pretty charger plate for a placesetting in the garden.

The white plate is by Lefton with an Irish lace design

This cottage tea cup is one of my newest. It is by Nippon (handpainted)





I love  this country cottage scene on the tea cup and saucer



A weekly planner by one of my favorite nature artists ~ Marjolein Bastin

A little green pot that I found at the thrift store last week  It is made in Portugal with an embossed stamp on the bottom.

My teapot is Crown Dorset~Staffordshire England. It was a lucky  purchase  from The Squirrel's Nest in town.



An English Cottage Year~by Sally Holmes and Tracey Williamson. I was so excited when I found this . Sally Holmes is one of my favorite artists. She was featured in more than one Victoria magazine articles. ( only 3 dollars at the Vintage Swag in town)





One of the sweet illustrations and poems from An English Cottage Year.






Please join me in a cup of tea. ~Clara 

Today I will be joining Bernideen in her garden 
 

17 comments:

Shelia said...

What a sweet post! Love the poem and quotes. Your plate and tea cup are just so beautiful. They look very old too. That's a very nice tea setting and I would love to sit with you and sip an nice cup of tea.
Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Hi Clara!
I had such a wonderful time here today with you. This is just SO SWEET. Every little detail is precious and fun. I LOVE Marjolein Bastin and your finds are true treasures. (((LOVE))) the cup and saucer!!!
Have a fun week,
Hugs,
Donna

pembrokeshire lass said...

I love the china particularly the tea cup and saucer! The plate you use for the cahrger is nice too. Lucky buy of the book. Altogether it made a lovelt space for tea! Joan

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

Lovely post as usual. That poem about tea is so charming and true! I will have to remember it. And I love the decorative bird plate. Great idea to use it as a charger. Such a pretty table setting!

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Oh what delight!

Everything is truly eye candy!

Thank you!

Jeri Landers said...

Oh my, what lovely table settings and dishes. I should love to come to tea. Marjolein is also one of my favorite artists, her bird portrayals are pure poetry. But I must look up this other artist who's book you feature, I had not heard of her, but her art looks like "my cuppa tea".

denise said...

Hi Clara! I have An English Cottage Year also!! I have had it for years. It is such a darling book. I use to buy Marjolein Bastin flower seed packs the paintings on them were so pretty. A lovely post. Denise englishpurpleribbon.blogspot.com/

Nella said...

Hello Clara, always so nice to hear from you! I agree, a cup of tea is like a magic remedy for me! I LOVE your new teacup with the hand painted cottage, so lovely...and I am very fond of birds...just passed up some beautiful vintage avian prints this past weekend at an antique show here, still thinking about them. I guess it was not meant to be! N.xo

Lavender Cottage said...

Hello Clara
A wonderful quote as usual and I enjoyed seeing all the great things you've found to purchase. The book is cute and I really like the big handle on your teapot.
Judith

Bernideen said...

What a romantic post and lovely items you found- treasures indeed. Thank you for linking to Tea in the Garden! Your blog is an escape!

westernreservebutlerspantry said...

I wish I could join you for a cup of tea. It's so exciting when you find a book you love. I'm going to keep my eye out for that one. Your dishes are so unusual. The cup and saucer is a work of art. Such a nice post. Thank you.
Kathy

Carla said...

I would love to have a seat at this table. I love birds and the plates you have chosen are so pretty.

I just joined to follow your blog, looking forward to my next visit.

janice15 said...

Such sweet pretty things I truly enjoyed them...I would love to join you for a cup of Tea in the Garden...enjoy your evening with love Janice....

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Such lovely finds! Your teacup is so special with the little scene and I love anything with birds on it. Happy weekend to you.
Nancy

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

Your setting is just so very lovely! I'll have to look for that book - I will be featuring your post this evening in my Home & Garden Party - thank you for sharing,
Kathy

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Ahhh... what a sweet morning post..... So peaceful with the lovely music and beautiful photos. Loved the tablescape too.

Blessings,
Spencer

Linda Walker said...

I happened upon your blog--just lovely. The photos are so pretty and the music so relaxing. Perfect as I am heading off to bed with all happy thoughts. I will be back for sure! Thank you,
Linda
mysewwhatblog.blogspot.com

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you. ~Clara~