Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A White Hen


A white hen sitting
On white eggs three:
Next, three speckled chickens
As plump as plump can be.
An owl, and a hawk,
And a bat came to see:
But chicken’s beneath their mother’s wing
Squat safe as safe can be.
“Sing- song: a nursery rhyme book”
By Christina Georgina Rossetti




Hello Everyone!
 Today I am featuring my stoneware chicken casserole for White Wednesday.

She has such character. Don't you think?

I put together some of my white dishes and pitchers to keep her company.

After I purchased my hen, I saw one just like it on an HGTV Southern Living Home Tour Show. It was sitting on a large recessed window sill above the sink with two topiaries on eash side. When I had my new house built, I wanted a window sill large enough to sit mine in but a window that large would have taken up too much of my cabinet space. Oh well...She sits on the counter next to my stove.



Have a delightful Wednesday.
 



9 comments:

Annesphamily said...

Such a sweet post! I love visiting and seeing what everyone is up to and sometime I have such rare moments to get over and get to the blog set. But when I do I have to come by and say hi! I love all the precious photos you share here.

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

So charming!

Siret said...

A wonderful hen with very wise and cheeky eyes!

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

She is such a sweetie!
Great personality in that face.
I love her!

Rowan said...

She's great - one of the nicest hen dishes I've seen.

Sarah said...

Your white hen is charming and the little nursery song delightful. Thanks for sharing and following along with me at HFTS. I'm your newest follower.

Shannon @ Cozy Home Scenes said...

My Mom has always had a love for roosters and has a small collection of them in our kitchen. I know she would enjoy yours. It's very pretty with your white plates. Thanks so much for dropping by Your Cozy Home Party, and please visit us again next week!

Linda said...

Your rooster is precious. The white makes it look so elegant.
I just found your blog and I am your newest follower. I hope you visit me and follow along.
Happy Mother's day

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a beautiful white chicken! I found a couple of small ones awhile back and think they are so pretty! I need to post about them, too!

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you. ~Clara~