Thursday, June 14, 2012

Container Gardening

"What a pity flowers can utter no sound!—
A singing rose, a whispering violet,
 a murmuring honeysuckle ... oh,
 what a rare and exquisite miracle would these be!"
~ Henry Ward Beecher


Oleander



Hello Everyone. I am sharing an area out in front of my front porch. It is concrete and I can't grow anything in the ground, so I am doing a little container gardening.



Blue Daze



Purslane Portulaca is one of my favorite succulent  plants and the bright fuchsia color is the prettiest.
 It  is hardiest  in areas where there is a lot of sunshine and little rain.



A horse head Hitching post I found at an  architectural warehouse in   Landrum, South Carolina .



Bubblegum Lantana 









White- White Knock-Out Rose





Thank you for stopping by
~Clara
 

11 comments:

Liz @ Sit With Me In My Garden said...

Love all your flowers! The lantana looks marvelous! I've only used it in containers but it looks great on the ground too. Love your statuary and the horse hitching post! Great stuff!

Carla said...

This looks to be a perfect place to rest a bit with a cup of tea. I love the colors of all your container plants. Blue Daze looks so sweet peeking, from behind the statue.

Tina´s PicStory said...

what a beautiful garden! thanks for stopping by :)

Karen @ away for the weekend said...

Your flowers are beautiful - and I love the way you dressed up the front porch area with containers!

jill said...

Beautiful flowers.xx

Blooming Rose Musings said...

Your flowers look so beautiful. I adore container gardening and I think they add a very welcoming note to a front porch area. My goodness, Portulaca...we had it in our yards growing up in upstate NY but I don't think we have it in southern California. I haven't heard of it for years. What a wonderful memory. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

Two Cottages And Tea said...

What a beautiful container garden you have! Your flowers look so lovely and healthy. Love the cherub statue! It looks perfect among the flowers. Happy weekend to you!
Nancy

The Rosegarden in Malevik said...

Hi Clara
really beautiful garden :)
and do not miss.....

S
A
T
U
R
D
A
Y

S
H
O
W

O
F
F

it is FUN :)
WELCOME
Håkan ( The Roseman)

westernreservebutlerspantry said...

I agree, your flowers look so healthy! I know how difficult it is to keep flowers so perky once that heat sets in. Very pretty!
Best,
Kathy

Austine Etcheverry said...

I love your garden.

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

Gorgeous flowers! Container gardens are wonderful! Love the sweet statue! Delightsome post! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you. ~Clara~