Friday, June 1, 2012

In My Garden

A sensitive plant in a garden grew,
And the young winds fed it with silver dew,
And it opened its fan-like leaves to the light,
and closed them beneath the kisses of night.
~Percy Bysshe Shelley,
"The Sensitive Plant," 1820

Hello everyone! I am sharing a few pictures of my garden today.


I made this gardening angel a few years ago. The pattern was in a little book called Kindred Spirits. I would show you a picture of the book but I gave it to my daughter.

I love this plant hook with the little birdie on top. It came from a sweet little shop ~Primrose Lane.

Hydrangea and a concrete rabbit statue

Concrete boy statue holding what looks like a Wysteria bloom


Pink Impatients and Ivy and my  birdie plant hook
gardeners soap (Botanic) and the little brown bird are from the Squirrels Nest

Garden shovel door knocker on side of shed door

My gardening angel has tree branch wings, antique pearl buttons, embroidery and cluny lace.

My new bird feeder with a Charleston green painted roof 

have a lovely day ~Clara

I am linking up with The Polo House for Share Your Garden





11 comments:

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Your garden is simply lovely, Clara! And you made that angel? Wow, it is adorable!

Your hydrangeas are really doing well! Mine are only quarter sized buds right now - hoping something wonderful happens with them soon.

Thank you for the pretty garden eye candy!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

You have some sweet things in your garden. Your new birhouse is especially adorable!

Sarah said...

Clara, you have wonderful cottage details in your garden. Love the new bird feeder with its architectural details.

Tree Removal Queens said...

Your home made angel doll gives your garden such a heart warming feeling, along with your glorious hare statue! Simply marvelous.

-Oscar Valencia

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Hi Clara!

What a precious garden angel!
So many pretty things to see in your
lovely garden. That new birdfeeder is
wonderful.

Thanks so much for sharing today
at Favorites on the First!

xox
Alison

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

I love the garden angel you made - it is wonderful. The poetry is beautiful - wonderful words - love your flowers and statues - thank you for taking us along on a walk in your garden,
Kathy

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Clara: You garden angel is really sweet and I love all your poems you use. I have the same little birdie hook. Isn't it sweet..Happy Weekend..Judy

westernreservebutlerspantry said...

Clara your garden's beautiful. I love all the details you've added. What a cute garden fairy.
Best,
Kathy

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Your little gardening angel is so sweet! It has made my day!!! I also like the pretty birdhouse.

Linking from The Polo House,
Ricki Jill

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

Such charming garden accents -- just love that feeder with the hook below. Thanks for the little peek at your garden.

Rowan said...

I really like your birdfeeder and the concrete rabbit, they add real charm to your garden.

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you. ~Clara~