Monday, July 9, 2012

Tea at Green Gables

“I can just imagine myself sitting down at the head of the table and pouring out the tea," said Anne, shutting her eyes ecstatically. "And asking Diana if she takes sugar! I know she doesn't but of course I'll ask her just as if I didn't know.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables


Anne and Josephine ~via Google


Hello everyone,
I am joining Sandi today for Anne of Green Gables Tea. I wanted to have the tea in my garden but it is way too hot for that and I am serving ice cream and strawberries and the ice cream would be soup in no time out there.  Also my flowers have stopped blooming but the pink geraniums still look good.






My Hubby, Beau and I, went on a weekend trip to the upstate and I found some great shops and bargains.
The white tea pot above was a treasure. I found it at an antique mall.( it doesn't have a mark.)



The vintage berry dish is from a set that belonged to my mother. Charger plate was made in New Castle, PA. (Shenango Pottery Co.)


This is one of my new teacups, which also came from the antique mall. (Crown Staffordshire England fine bone china (Rose Pansy pattern)



Blue Bell Strawberry Ice cream and little leaf shaped cookies made in Germany.



I love the color of the ice cream box and those cute cows.



fresh strawberries, ice cream and cookies.


This cute little cottage cream and sugar set came from a shop in Walhalla, SC. called The Farm House Gallery. The price was all of $6.95 for both. I love bargains especially when they are this cute. The mark on bottom (Shafford )made in Japan.



On to one of my most precious finds...this little birdie, also from the Farm House gallery. As you can see, he is very photogenic.







I hope you had a great weekend and thank you for stopping by.
~Clara



 


25 comments:

Bernideen said...

I too love this series and love your post! This is delightful!

Amy Jo said...

Hi there!

I love Anne Shirley! I have been reading all 8 books in the series this summer and I am watching all of the movies via netflix. So inspiring. What a beautiful setting you have.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Snap said...

I love this series, too! Beautiful tea cups, precious birdie and ice cream ... yum!!!! Happy Tea Day!

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

What a lovely tea honouring LM Montgomery.

I throughly enjoyed my visit, thank you very much.

Beth said...

I love your Anne-themed tea! Your new teapot is lovely as is your berry dish, and the ice cream, strawberries, and cookies look great. They'd be a hit at our house!

Lavender Cottage said...

Clara, the strawberries and ice cream you served are perfect for the sunny day we're having. I had a flashback when I looked at the cottage set, my mother had a jam pot that was similar but it must have been broken at some time.
I'm glad your sweet little birdie joined us for tea.
Judith

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Clara,
What a charming tea you have served us! Your new teapot is very pretty as is the teacup. Of course, I love the cottage cream and sugar set; charming! Thank you so much for serving us your delightful treat of ice cream, cookies, and strawberries. I know Anne would have enjoyed them too. I appreciate your taking part in my progressive tea party. You've been a big help! Have a beautiful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

hello Clara, This is such a gorgeous post - beautiful finds! Walhalla is where we'd turn off on I-85 to go to the NC mountains when we took the children to Christian Camp - loads of fun - I almost did ice cream - since it was shared in Anne of Green Gables - so glad you did! I appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Beautiful post. And OH I love Blue Bell ice cream. Such a delicious dessert.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Antiques And Teacups said...

You had a wonderful trip, didn't you! What marvelous treasures! I love the cottageware, the bird is so cute and Crown Staffs is a favorite maker! What a nice post to honor such a special heroine! Thanks for sharing and linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Princesa Nadie said...

Nice to meet you
Visiting your blog has been a pleasure I love your tea cup and your music...
Hugs

Fiona said...

It all looks wonderful Clara.

I love your pretty photos.

I hope that the temperatures cool down soon for you.

Have a great week.

x

Mrs. Sutton said...

WOW - what fabulous finds, and what a delightful spread! Gorgeous photos, and such beautiful styling. Enjoy your tea!
Paula x

Sherry said...

Such a lovely tea! I so love the quote too!
Sherry

Maria Andrade said...

Hi Clara,
I loved your tea at Green Gables.
Beautiful tea cup, lovely cottages and delicious looking ice-cream!
Thanks and have a great week!

Pamela Gordon said...

What a beautiful post! Your china and the table setting looks so pretty and the dessert looks delicious! Pamela

Anonymous said...

Love anne of green gables and have all the DVDs- love the music. such a time. love your blog, so inspiring and transcending. had to believe megan follows is an adult now. so love to watch her and wish she had had a more productive career so we could see her more often.

Magnolia Cottage said...

Hi Clara,
Everything looks so lovely. I enjoyed your Anne post! What a beautiful table setting. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Lisa

Terri said...

Hello Clara, your Anne post is so lovely! You did a beautiful job setting your tea table. It all looks so sweet and Anne like. What a fun blog hop you are in! I wish I could have joined in too, but alas, I did not have the time.
Your Stafforshire tea cup is a really pretty find! I love the shape and the design as well.
Hugs,
Terri

Bernideen said...

Clara:
send me your address and I will send you some seeds when they come later in the summer:
bernideens@qwestoffice.net

Two Cottages And Tea said...

What a lovely tea in honor of Anne. Your tea table looks so sweet with the pink geraniums and pretty teacup. Ice cream and strawberries look so refreshing! Have a great rest of the week.
Nancy

Sonia said...

I love you teapot..so lovely..I actually have some plates that have the swirl design on the border! So pretty! Love your tea table!
Miss Bloomers

janice15 said...

I love Anne and I love this scene. Your new white creamy Tea Pot is just lovely...Looking for one for myself...everything looks so nice and pretty...ty...Have a lovely rest of the week...with love Janice

Siret said...

Dear Clara,
thanks for the beautiful photos! I love Anne, Diana, Marilla and Mathhew!
The sweet little bird is so cute - oh, Anne would like him!

Blessings, Siret

Zuzu said...

Such a sweet tea... thank you for inviting us! :)
Hugs,
Zuzu

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you. ~Clara~