Friday, July 6, 2012

What Is Pink?


Color

By Christina Rossetti

What is pink? a rose is pink
By a fountain's brink.
What is red? a poppy's red
In its barley bed.
What is blue? the sky is blue
Where the clouds float thro'.
What is white? a swan is white
Sailing in the light.
What is yellow? pears are yellow,
Rich and ripe and mellow.
What is green? the grass is green,
With small flowers between.
What is violet? clouds are violet
In the summer twilight.
What is orange? Why, an orange,
Just an orange!


My Pink feature today are these two milk pitchers I found at an antique store years ago. The flowers are from the grocery store and I can't remember the name of them. They are a very pretty pink.



I am photographing them on a bench in my sunroom.


I'll show a full picture of the bench at another time. It was a very lucky purchase a few years back at Michaels. I wasn't there to buy a bench but there it was marked down at a very inviting price. It's a natural color with knot holes, which doesn't look bad but I am thinking of painting it with Annie Sloan paint. Maybe Graphite.

The pitchers are stamped Continental Kilns with a teapot in the center. (maybe there's a teapot to match) That would be nice.


I have always been interested in pitchers and I used to have a pretty good collection. Even some depression glass in pinks. alas,  I guess you just can't keep everything.



The floral pattern is a raised design.


Thank you for stopping by and have a great weekend. 
~Clara
 

21 comments:

Fiona said...

Hi Clara


Love your pretty pinks
they ae lovely.

Have a great weekend.

I hope it is not too hot where you are
still raining here in Ireland!!!



Fiona

Carolyn said...

hi Clara, what a beautiful display, I love the soft pink, too. Great photos.

janice15 said...

very pretty things...like always...Happy weekend with love Janice

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Those are the sweetest hand painted pitchers! I can never remember the name of those flowers either, but they last and last. Beautiful photos!

The Rosegarden in Malevik said...

woow,,,,,,,,,that´s a nice post :) Just love it.
and do not miss.....

S
A
T
U
R
D
A
Y

S
H
O
W

O
F
F

it´s FUN :)
WELCOME
HÃ¥kan ( The Roseman)

Marianne said...

Clara, your milk pitchers are so pretty and cheerful, and the beautiful pink flowers top them off perfectly.

Blessings for a Happy Pink Saturday,
Marianne

Marianne said...

P.S. The poem is lovely...such fun.

Jeanne said...

So beautiful. I loved the music too. Did you know there is a new production of Anne of Green Gables?

LV said...

You made the right choice in those pitchers. The way you are using them looks very nice.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Clara,
Your pitchers are so pretty. I love pitchers because you can do so much with them. Thanks for your visit and Happy Pinks! See you on Monday for tea and have a lovely weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Betty@SouthernGrace said...

Very pretty, Clara. I love pitchers too and can never get enough of them. I bought another one yesterday. And Christina Rossetti is my absolute favorite poetess....makes me want to go get out the book of poems and read some :)
~betty

Trish's Vintage Grace said...

Hello Clara,
your pitchers and flowers are very sweet and lovely.
They look great displayed on the timber bench - which looks very interesting btw!
Poetry, pitchers and flowers..such a perfect match.
Have a blessed weekend...
Trish

Lavender Cottage said...

Hello Clara
Your pink flowers look lie alstroemerias and do look pretty in the jug. I Agee that a teapot in this pattern would be nice.
Judith

Terri Morse said...

Your beautiful pitchers look lovely against the cheerful country plaid. Wonderful photos! Have a terrific weekend! Hugs, Terri

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Beautiful pitchers. Perfect with your tablecloth and flowers.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Absolutely love your cream and water pitchers...so gorgeous. TFS. I am now a follower of your blog and look forward to return visits. I invite you to join me as well on my blog at http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com
Hugs, Gayle.

Jenny's Heart said...

So pretty, green with envy here...lol
HPS!

romance-of-roses said...

So very pretty. Nice pitcher with the pink flowers. My daughter also likes pitchers and has several. Hugs..Lu

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Those pitchers are gorgeous, Clara!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Magnolia Cottage said...

Hi Clara,
Your flowers look lovely in your floral pitcher. Happy Pink Saturday!
Blessings,
Lisa

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Pink is my favorite color so of course I love your pretty pitchers and beautiful flowers. I mentioned on my present post that my Mom has a small collection of pitchers. There are so many lovely shapes, colors and sizes to collect. The flowers on your pitchers are very pretty. --------- Shannon

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you. ~Clara~