Monday, September 24, 2012

An Autumn Tea

Falling Leaves

Little leaves fall softly down
Red and yellow, orange and brown
Whirling, twirling round and round
Falling softly to the ground

Little leaves fall softly down
To make a carpet on the ground.
Then, swish, the wind comes whistling by
And sends them dancing to the sky.

~unknown

Hello everyone,
Today I am joining Sandi for an Autumn tea. It should a lot of fun... for she always has the nicest parties.


Most of the dishes I am using you have already seen...like my pretty green teapot.


This little mousey fellow I've had for a long time. You can tell that he loves apples


September is apple harvest time in this area. I love this time of year and our weather is changing beautiful cool days. The leaves have already started to fall.


The little green crock bowl was one of my more recent finds. It's a pretty soft vintage green.



My newest basket (a vintage fishing creel) is a little shabby but it holds my sunflowers just fine.





What could be more perfect than Apple pattern Franciscan ware for a harvest tea. I have a set of luncheon and bread and butter plates but I didn't get the cups and saucers. Now I can't find them anymore.(Oh and the little creamer is as cute as can be)( I have a thing for cream pitcher.)





I love the way the dishes look in the vintage fishing creel.





Here are the marks for my cup and saucer and the apple dishes.


On my birthday, which was a few weeks ago now, my dear friends treated me to lunch at a tearoom (This Whole House) and this was my dessert. YUMMY....

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you will join me at Sandi's for a delightful tea.
~Clara
 



22 comments:

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

The teapot is really pretty, and I love Franciscan ware.

Sylvia said...

What a great post, I really loved seeing all your pictures and that chocolate cake makes my mouth water!

Lavender Cottage said...

Hello Clara
I enjoyed visiting for an autumn tea and seeing your treasures today; old, new, and new to you. Love the mouse.
What a huge piece of cake, yummy, and belated BD wishes.
Judith

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Clara,
Your tea is lovely and I'm glad the little mouse could join us today! Sunflowers are always nice to see and I love your green teapot and bowl! That cake looks awfully good and I'm sure you enjoyed it too. Thanks for joining me for tea today and Happy Autumn!

Blessings,
Sandi

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Hi Clara,
What a pretty autumn tea you gave us! Having tea with Sandi is so much fun! Happy belated birthday to you and have a great week!
Nancy

Beth said...

Love your basket, Clara, and your Franciscan apple. I like your little cup with the apple on the front too! What a nice tea you have set today.

Millie said...

It seems quite a few tea party participants are drinking Chai tea today! Nice sunflower photo. I have some pieces in the same green pattern as your teapot

kitty said...

Happy belated birthday, Clara! What a cute post and I love your pretty teapot. I love chai tea, too.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

What a lovely post. I love your pictures. The apples are so appealing.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Donna Heber said...

Hi Clara,

Your autumn tea table is delightful! So many wonderful treasures and the mouse figurine is adorable. Happy belated birthday to you! How nice to visit a tearoom on your special day.

Cynthia said...

Beautiful autumn tea. Love that tea pot and all the little touches.

Cynthia

Antiques And Teacups said...

What a wonderful autumn tea! I love your teapot! Wonderful! And your mouse is so cute! Your photos are lovely! But your birthday cake...whoa! Incredible!!!!! Thanks for sharing and linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Terri said...

Now that is birthday cake!!! Yummy! I hope you had a great day celebrating.
Your fall post is sweet. I love fall too, and you have chosen lovely fall colors of china to go along with it.
Hugs,
Terri

Zaa said...

Happy belated Birthday Wishes....

Yummy cake !!!! and I'm loving this sweet post with it's colours and little creatures..Only yesterday I spied two little 'mixes' trying to sneak into the house..I laughed and even struck up a conversation..telling them to ' scurry away '( ha Ha)..Such a charming little figurine..... and your basket looks perfectly happy nestled with the dishes and flowers. What a lovely post.thanks for sharing....Hugs

Chenille Cottage said...

Dearest Clara,
How I have loved your beautiful post with all your Franciscan Ware. Each piece looks so nice resting on your green plates. You've created such a wonderful Apple Season theme.
I have my grndmother's Desert Rose Franciscan Ware. I bring it out in the Spring and love adding green dishes, too.
thank you for sharing.
I hope you are having lovely week, my friend,
Blessings,
Carolynn

Katherine Wolak said...

Love the fallish look you brought out! :D

Hugs,

Jonell said...

I think this may be the first time I have stopped by your lovely lovely blog. What's not to love? Each scene seemed to be prettier than the one before..looking forward to keeping in touch with you..am following. Love for you to connect with and follow "Like Gramma's House"

Such fun~
Jonell

Laura Lane said...

Wish I'd been at your place. It looks so lovely. That cake looks divine!

Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

Micupoftea~ said...

Hi Clara....oooh, ahhh....sweet photos! The mouse is charming! My daughter and I were just enjoying the antics of live mice at the pet store today. They looked so adorable cleaning their whiskers and running on the wheel. Your chocolate cake looks delicious. Happy Fall :)
shawn

bj said...

I LOVE teas and this is beautiful.
You have inspired me to do an autumn tea sooon.
xo bj

Jann Olson said...

Hi Clara, I love you Autumn tea. Perfect dishes for Fall. The little mouse is so cute and I love your new (old) found treasures. Thanks for sharing with SYC. Tea at Sandi's is always so fun!
Hugs,
Jann

Sherry said...

Happy belated birthday! I love your teapot! It is beautiful. I like your basket too. It is all very pretty! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you. ~Clara~