Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hearty Italian Sausage Soup

"Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn."
- Elizabeth Lawrence


Hearty Italian Sausage Soup

I lb. Italian sausage,sliced
i onion chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. olive oil
2 cans (14 oz. each) 25%-less-sodium chicken broth
1 can water
1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans, rinsed
1 can (14.5 oz.) stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 cup rotini pasta, uncooked
1-1/2 cups baby spinach leaves
2% milk- shredded mozzarella cheese
saltine crackers

Directions:

Cook sausage, onions and garlic in oil in a large saucepan 10 min., stirring frequently.
ADD next four ingredients. Bring to a boil. Stir in Pasta; cook 8 min. or until tender. Remove from heat.
STIR in spinach; cover. Let stand 5 min. Top with cheese. Serve with crackers.

recipe~Premium Saltine Crackers

This makes a good and hearty soup and just perfect for cold weather.


.
My cup and soup bowl  is marked
 Molde - Portugal and came from TJMAXX
I have six mugs and a long narrow plate
which is good for serving french bread.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the soup.
~Clara


 


10 comments:

GrandmaK said...

Oh but this looks tasty, especially on a chilly day like today!! Thank you!! Cathy

Betty@SouthernGrace said...

This sounds really good, Clara. I've never used sausage in soup. I'll have to give it a try. I'm so thankful we finally have some cool weather in FL this week:)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Clara,
Your soup sounds really tasty and I love anything with pasta in it! Your dishes are nice too. Thank you so much for sharing this at my HOME and have a wonderful rest of the week, my friend.

Blessings,
Sandi

diaryofathriftstoregirl.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for the great recipe. I can tell that I'll really like it. I think I'll make homemade garlic bread to go with it. Keep blogging!

Helene

kitty said...

Mmmmmmmt this sounds like a perfect soup for Fall on a chilly night!

jennspeacornpopnuts.com said...

Looks yummy and very nice presentation! I like the quote too.
Are you getting any storm effects?

Beth said...

Your soup looks great, Clara. We had soup for dinner tonight - sweet potato tomatillo. It was good. Soup warms us on chilly autumn days!

Katherine Wolak said...

That looks absolutely delicious!!!! Had soup myself, though not like yours! Also, you are invited to my Christmas giveaway! :)

Hugs,

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Clara. OOH that soup looks so good. Good weather for it..Thank you for your sweet comments to me. I'm glad you liked the post..Happy Thursday..Judy

Anonymous said...

I always spent my half an hour to read this website's articles all the time along with a cup of coffee.
My site casual summer dresses

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you. ~Clara~