Sunday, December 9, 2012

Reindeer Copy Cat


"May you have the gladness of Christmas
which is hope;
The spirit of Christmas which is peace;
The heart of Christmas which is love."

- Ada V. Hendricks


 Hello everyone,
I love to decorate with fruit and when I found this Fitz
and Floyd Reindeer featured in Southern Lady Magazine
Holiday 2002. I decided that since I have the same
reindeer I just had to copy it.  I went out in my backyard
and cut some fresh Magnolia and Leland Cypress.
All of the fresh fruit I saw at the grocery store were way
too large for the size of my arrangement, so I found some
small scale faux fruit at a local florist.
All in all I think it worked out pretty well.
Nothing elaborate...but it works well in my foyer. 









 Thank you for stopping by~Clara

I am joining:
 
 Holiday Knock Off  Decor 2012

17 comments:

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Love the reindeer copycat.

Shelia said...

Hi Clara! Oh, this is just beautiful! You did a perfect job and that reindeer is gorgeous.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Marla and Steve said...

Beautiful!! I'm here from Debbie's party and I love your blog. It's very feminine and girly and I love that. I'm your newest follower.

Kim@todayismysome-day said...

What a beautiful reindeer! I love Fitz and Floyd holiday pieces! Your copycat is great; I love the magnolia leaves. I'm over from Debbiedoos copycat party.

Lavender Cottage said...

You did a nice job of decorating your reindeer.
Judith

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Clara, you did such a perfect job on it. Beautiful reindeer and the fruit is just the right size and amount. Beautifully done..Happy Monday..Judy

Debbiedoo's said...

How pretty.This is a gorgeous copy cat. Thank you so much for sharing and joining the party.

Denise Marie said...

Gorgeous!

michele said...

she's beautiful.

if you haven't already stopped by, it would be a pleasure to have you take a peek at my giveaway: http://www.hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/12/personalized-lovely-giveaway.html

i hope you win!

michele

Sylvia said...

Love it!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Clara you did a great job and I really love how it looks!

Linda

xinex said...

It is beautiful, Clara! Great copy!...Christine

janice15 said...

Reindeer is gorgeous. I love it...Happy Monday..with love Janice

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

It's beautiful! It looks nearly exactly like the original!

Shannon said...

This is beautiful! I actually think your copy is prettier. :)

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Thank you Clara for you kind comments to me. It was a very fun summer job and left me with wonderful memories..Happy Tuesday..Judy

Micupoftea~ said...

Hello Clara~ What a gorgeous reindeer! I love the Hendricks quote in your post- so lovely. Happy Advent,
Shawn

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you. ~Clara~