Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Santa's All Over The House

"Each Christmas I remember
The ones of long ago;
I see our mantelpiece adorned
With stockings in a row.
Each Christmas finds me dreaming
Of days that used to be,
When we hid presents here and there,
For all the family.
Each Christmas I remember
The fragrance in the air,
Of roasting turkey and mince pies
And cookies everywhere.
Each Christmas finds me longing
For Christmases now past,
And I am back in childhood
As long as memories last."
Carice Williams, ~Christmas Past


House Of Hatten and  Hallmark
Santas in the kitchen

House Of Hatten needlepoint stocking


A jolly old Elf



He just sits on the chair arm and keeps
an eye out for Santa's cookies

 French Santa (handpainted by me)


A Scottish Santa (handpainted by me)


Woodland Santa (handpainted by me)


ETC 87
From a collection I have four of.
One is in my previous post
and two  I gave my daughter.

Bees Wax Santa.
The Santa picture is a
Holly Hobby
 Christmas card I framed.

Chalk Santa
Avon Tree


Santa here and below from Tuesday Morning




A Chalk Santa


A Rocking Santa from Target


Santa in workshop (handpainted by me)


House Of Hatten Santa
Tuesday Morning Santas below




Thank you for stopping by and please
won't you join me for a mug of hot chocolate?
~Clara

13 comments:

Sylvia said...

WOW Clara, you're good at painting. Love all your Santa's.

Lavender Cottage said...

A charming collection of Santas Clara. The best of course are the ones you painted, very nice.
Judith

Two Cottages And Tea said...

What a great collection of Santas. It must be a joy to decorate your home with these. You are so very talented! Have a wonderful week.
Nancy

Katherine Wolak said...

So many lovely santas! I love the look!!! :D

Hugs,

Marla and Steve said...

I love all your Santa figurines. I have four that my mom painted and they are treasures.

Millie said...

Beautiful poem, and I love your Santas.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Clara,
I love that poem and may have to borrow it one of these days, if you don't mind.
You have a wonderful collection of Santas. I especially like your hand painted ones. I painted only one Santa in all the years I did tole and ceramics. A friend of mine always wanted the Santa who is worshiping at the manger and I made her one out of ceramic. It was a labour of love and I was very pleased with how he turned out. I must see about getting a picture of him if she still has it.
Thank you for sharing with us and enjoy the rest of your week.

Christmas blessings,
Sandi

kitty said...

I love all your santas, especially the ones that you painted, Clara!

debra said...

This is a wonderful Santa collection to view. I think my favorite is that French one !

Beth said...

Love your Santas, especially the ones in your kitchen. I would love to sit down with you for a cup of hot chocolate too. Merry Christmas!

Bernideen said...

I love it - Santa's everywhere! What a fantastic collection and thanks for sharing it on Open House.

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Love that quote and your Santa collection! Wonderful! The bees wax Santa is so cute! I'd love that cup of hot chocolate right now with the candy cane!! Yum! Wonderful post. Enjoyed it :)
Karen

Jann Olson said...

Clara I love your Santas. My youngest son has my Santa collection. Seeing yours makes me miss mine terribly. I had the same one with the star on top. He has them displayed in his living room so I get to see them when I visit. Thanks so much for sharing them with 'Creating Christmas'.
Hugs,
Jann

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you. ~Clara~