Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Church Steeple


The Church Steeple

There in the church with its steeple
God beckons and waits for the people.
The church bell rings ding, dong ding dong
Soon the choir will sing their song.

The sun light shines in the window
Round about you can hear the wind blow.
The steeple reaches to the sky
And sends us back a sweet reply.

It says to be kind and good
Always do the things we should.
It tells us to be nice and sweet
Friendly to all the folks we meet.

The church bell rings ding dong, ding dong
The choir will now sing their song
They'll sing their hymns and praises for
The one who reigns forever more

Norma Duncan~


Steeple vignettes in the foyer.
Because you can never have too much 
glitter and bling.


Just a post because it is 12/12/12. and there will never be a 13/13/13
Have a lovely day~Clara

5 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a beautiful vignette! I have 2 of these but wasn't sure what to do with them! Happy holidays!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Pretty tree toppers! Twelve, twelve, twelve is odd, but not as funny as no 13/13/13! Hope it was a good day for you!

Katherine Wolak said...

these are a delight! Really festive and beautiful!

Hugs,

Bluebell Woods said...

I adore those glass ornaments. I love the glitter and bling at Christmas. Unfortuntley this year I wont have much around. I had been sick so I am not getting it all out, its just too much work. SO what I am doing is looking for small new things that I can use again with everything else next year. I like that idea of the things on glass as a table dressing.
have a wonder full Christmas
Janice

Tea in Texas said...

I love your poem and I always love the sound of the church bells and this time of year some churches have bells playing carols which are so beautiful. Your earlier post about Christmas being all over the house is so sweet with your wonderful collection of Santas. Thanks for your kind comments when visiting my blog.

Thanks, Pam

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you. ~Clara~