Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Celebration Salad

Valentine Friend

Valentine’s Day is all about
Special feelings warm and fond,
And friend, I knew right from the start
We had a very special bond.
Our time together is a gift;
You’re interesting and warm and fun!
And when I need to talk and share,
I think of you, friend; you’re the one.
We’re always true and real together.
We have no reason to pretend.
I’m thankful that you’re in my life,
My trusted, cherished Valentine friend.
By Joanna Fuchs ~
 








Mug~ a celebration of the Old Country Roses Garden
Royal Albert bone china england





Plate~ Old Country Roses. Royal Albert~ bone china






Celebration Salad

1 can sweetened condensed milk
8oz. frozen whipped topping
30oz. cherry pie filling
2 cans 11oz. manderine oranges (drained)
15oz. can crushed pineapple (undrained)
1 cup mini marshmellows
1 half cup chopped nuts
garnish with graham cracker crumbs

blend whipped topping and milk together. add pie filling
fold in other ingredients. put in bowl and sprinkle
with crumbs...Chill.


Enjoy!  Thank you for stopping by and have a great day.
~Clara
 

14 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a sweet post :o) That salad looks so pretty and yummy too, your dishes are just gorgeous. Have a Happy Valentines Day! Hugs Jennifer

GinaBVictorian said...

Hi Clara, Beautiful poem and thanks for the recipe! Gina

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I just love the tea cup and china you used. I found a little lonely tea cup at the thrift store today. It's very beautiful. Enjoy your week! Hugs!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Lovely poem! We all need a friend like that! Lovely china here. Love that gorgeous mug!

Bernideen said...

This salad looks delightful! Old Country Roses are always a favorite!

Lavender Cottage said...

Tea, flowers and sweets...all that we need as friends for Valentine's Day. I used to make a similar salad that had sour cream in it.
Happy Valentine's Day Clara.
Judith

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

MMMMM looks delight easy and so so pretty

Micupoftea~ said...

Hello Clara~ Happy Valentine's Day! Your photos are charming and the table looks festive! <3
Shawn

Katherine Wolak said...

Oh that looks yummy ! Thanks for sharing wit us!

Amy Jo @ Sunny Skies and Sweet Tea said...

This looks so pretty! I will have to give it a try.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Looks yummy and what a beautiful setting!!

I hope you will stop by and enter my 3rd Blog Anniversary Giveaway.....

Hugs,
Debbie

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Valentines Day, Clara! What a pretty setting; love the OCR garden mug! Of course, the OCR pattern is always a delight is see.
Your salad looks and sounds wonderful. I have one quite similar but I use sour cream instead of whipped topping and the milk. I like the pink too, I will have to give this one a try. Thank you for sharing and have a lovely day tomorrow.

Blessings,
Sandi

Antiques And Teacups said...

Just beautiful! I LOVE Old Country Roses! That is a favorite salad of mine...I make it when we have friends over, because my honey is not too fond of it and that way I won't eat it all myself! LOL!
So pretty!
Ruth

Carol (Gingerbeary8) said...

That looks yummy and so beautiful in those gorgeous dishes. What a beautiful setting. Happy Pink Saturday.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you. ~Clara~