Monday, April 1, 2013

It's Beach Weather.....April Fools!

"It's almost here - It's safe to say
I saw a Crocus yesterday
Its' colors bright - A lovely thing
My heart Rejoiced! 'Twil soon be Spring!

The winter blues will soon be gone
And birds will soon burst forth in song
The coral bells will gently ring
The Daphne yells "It's almost Spring!"

It's neary here! It's coming fast!
The Robins will appear at last
Oh Wonderous Joy! I too shall sing!
And join in Nature's "Song for Spring"
- M. Garren, Song for Spring


 "The first of April, some do say,
Is set apart for All Fools' Day.
But why the people call it so,
Nor I, nor they themselves do know.
But on this day are people sent
On purpose for pure merriment."

Poor Robin's Almanac, 1790


I'm ready for the beach but the weather isn't co-operating.
The botanical plate is by I. Godinger & Co.

My mug is by artist Marjolein Bastin.
 




Friendship plants a garden in our corner of the world.
Please join me for a cup of tea.






"Spring would not be spring without bird songs."
- Francis M. Chapman



Thank you for stopping by and have a lovely April 1st.

 

14 comments:

Bernideen said...

When I hear that pretty music I know I have arrived at your beautiful blog! Lovely photos and that plate - glorious!

Stephanie said...

I agree with Bernideen - the music is always lovely! I enjoyed your pictures and I hope you enjoy the first day of April :)

Hugs,
Stephanie

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Clara,
I always enjoy your poetry! What a pretty plate and mug! I like the pop of brightness your flowers lend to everything and the starfish is a nice touch. I'm anxiously waiting for beach weather myself. It will be a while yet before I can get there. Thank for sharing and joining me for tea today.

Blessings,
Sandi

Antiques And Teacups said...

I love your china. Marjolean Bastoien is a fav and I have several things of hers around the house. Goes so well with the plate! Love the beachy feel...as I am coastal it's a favorite of mine. Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

kitty said...

I loved the poetry and the pretty dishes! I'd love to join you for a cup of tea.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love your lovely music, the poetry and the gorgeous china, along with the spring flowers! Have a great week.
FABBY

Lisa said...

It certainly doesn't feel like spring here in PA, so the groundhog pulled the ultimate April Fool! Love you bird dish! Happy Monday from the enchanted oven.
xo,
Lisa

Kathleen said...

OK, I admit you did fool me for a minute haha. I love your mug I'm a fan of M. Bastin too. Wouldn't it be fun if we could all actually have a cup of tea together? Thank you for the splash of color.

Lavender Cottage said...

Hello Clara
I'm desperately thinking of warmer weather, after a glorious weekend, it snowed all day here.
The song for spring is timely and I like the Marjolein Bastin mug, I have several of her pieces.
Hopefully I can join the tea party next week when I have more time.
Have a good week.
Judith

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Spring is almost there... We've had a sunny weekend and the colours in the garden were just the ones of your flowers.

Terri said...

Such a pretty post! I love the pattern on your sidebar. Those colors are gorgeous! And your beautiful beach themed tea is lovely! What pretty plates and cup.
I am ready for the beach too : )

My trees are in bloom and it is glorious! We don't always have them in time for Easter, but this year it worked out.
Hugs,
Terri

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Clara: I do miss music on my blog. Yours is so lovely. Love the Bastin mug. Your blog is so peaceful. I am going to try again to get music on mine. Thanks for reminding me of how much I enjoy it! Blessings, Martha

Veronica Roth said...

Hi Clara, lovely little botanical china. I love flowers on anything. Hugs.

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

Aye! I just fell for a blogger who posted she was shutting down her blog! Love your April Fools idea - the beach sounds relaxing right now. You've created a beautiful and inspiring vignette. I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you. ~Clara~