Thursday, June 20, 2013

Little Weathered Chair

"What a desolate place would be a world without a flower!
 It would be a face without a smile, a feast without a welcome.
 Are not flowers the stars of the earth, and are not our stars
 the flowers of the heaven."  ~ A.J. Balfour


I found this bouquet of flowers at the grocery store
and took photos of it in the little weathered chair
in the garden. I love the way the wood looks when
it's been out in the elements for a while.








Mosaics of some of the flowers in my garden
 but not all  blooming at the same time.



 My birdfeeder with red honeysuckle growing up it
and the hydrangea are blooming at the base.




9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi dear Clara,

Your flowers are lovely and cheerful, and I love your sweet weathered chair :) Your photos were a delight to look at - thank you!

Hugs!

Bernideen said...

Oh how lovely - please come share at Open House!!! Lovely gardening post.

Liz @ Sit With Me In My Garden said...

The flowers do look great on the chair. The honeysuckle looks great against the bird feeder!

Poppy said...

Love that vibrant but warm yellow in the sunflower and the yellow edged flower with the dark pink petals! Charming images!

Poppy

Teri said...

Dear Clara...such a sweet "little space" to visit! Your flowers are so pretty and I love the little weathered chair. Sweetest Blessings ♥ Teri

Karen said...

Hi Clara,
Your flowers are lovely. Thank you for all of your kind words. I hope that you have a wonderful weekend. Take care,
Karen

Lavender Cottage said...

Hello Clara
The chair has weathered to a pretty colour and is the perfect place to view your bouquet with the contrast.
Judith

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

The weathered little chair is adorable!

Cynthia said...

Sorry this took so long, via my blog. These pictures are so lovely and I adore that chair.

Cynthia

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you. ~Clara~