Friday, June 21, 2013

Love For Vintage

Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern; it will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that - one stitch at a time taken patiently and the pattern will come out all right like the embroidery.
~Oliver Wendell Holmes


I love this beautiful assortments of crochet,
 embroidery, applique, and quilting.
I clipped this page  from an old magazine
 years ago ~I think Country Home.


I am sharing some of my pretty vintage linen,
lace, thread and ribbon 


A page from a beautiful Needlecraft book
Traditional Country Needlecraft.

Embroidery threads come in the loveliest  colors.

I love collecting vintage pearl buttons
and satin ribbon. They look so good
in the silver tray my daughter gave me.

A pretty doily





7 comments:

Teri said...

Dear Clara...this is so very pretty! Blessings ♥ Teri

Lavender Cottage said...

A nice collection of handmade, feminine bed accessories. I used to clip things I liked out of magazines too but Pinterest is a handy tool to use for that now.
Judith

Stephanie said...

Very beautiful and feminine :) My mom used to have pillows like that on her bed when I was younger - I always enjoyed playing on her bed :)

Hugs to you!

Two Cottages And Tea said...

So very pretty! I miss Country Home magazine. I still have quite a few of the old issues. Just can't throw them away!
Nancy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

These are some of my favorite things, too. Sometimes I put all vintage pillow cases on my pillows for a soft pretty look. Enjoy your Sunday!

NanaDiana said...

Clara- Just popping in to say that I tried to reply to the comment you left on my blog and it goes to "undeliverable". Didn't know if you knew that. Blessings- xo Diana ps. I miss Country Home magazine, too. That was a blow when they quit publishing.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I dropped down to write you an email. I sent one to you but it was sent back. So here it is again! lol

I'm glad you wrote me about your own experience. I think I've been
hoping someone would say...DON'T cut them! lol I love vintage lace and use it in my sewing but it just feels wrong to cut the ones that are so perfect. I remember wearing negligees....way back when!
I appreciate your sweet comments!
Sweet hugs, Diane

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you. ~Clara~