Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunflowers And Bees For Autumn Please

"October's the month
When the smallest breeze
Gives us a shower
Of autumn leaves.
Bonfires and pumpkins,
Leaves sailing down -
October is red
And golden and brown."

Can Teach Songs
 

Marjolein Bastin
 
Have a cup of tea with lemon please.

 Our Lady of Cow Parsley
Elizabeth Sonral


"Listen! the wind is rising,
 and the air is wild with leaves,
We have had our summer evenings,
now for October eves!"
~Humbert Wolfe

Marjolein Bastin


"Along the side roads the bright gold of thin-leafed wild sunflowers gleams from its dust covering and attracts the eye, as quickly as mention of easy money. Purple ironweed is diminishing in the pastures; thistles are down to their last silken tassels; goldenrod pours its heap of raw gold into the general fund."
~Rachel Peden


 Autumn Fires

"In the other gardens
And all up the vale,
From the autumn bonfires
See the smoke trail.
Pleasant summer over
An all the summer flowers,
The red fire blazes,
The gray smoke towers.

Sing a song of seasons!
Something bright in all,
Flowers in the summer
Fires in the fall!"
~ Robert Louis Stevenson, 



"Now Autumn's fire burns slowly along the woods."
William Allingham



"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it,
and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth
seeking the successive autumns.
~George Eliot 

Sharing a little Autumn with you today. It's my favorite time of year.

Have a lovely week.


25 comments:

Terra said...

I like your tribute to autumn and autumn's fires. Marjolein Bastin is a lovely artist and I buy many of her cards to send to people.

podso said...

A beautiful post on autumn! I love the colors you have themed.

Debby Ray said...

Beautiful post...I love the fall the best all! Hey, I made a rhyme! I love the images...especially the one about the cow parsley...or one of my favorite things, Queen Ann's Lace :)

eileeninmd said...

Lovely post celebrating Autumn! The flowers are pretty and the bird painting is cute! Have a happy week ahead!

Lorrie said...

Beautiful autumn images and poetry. Truly a lovely time of year. Our Lady of Cow Parsley - how quaint. Love that painting.

Lavender Cottage said...

So nice to have you back blogging Clara, and I like the new look of your blog.
Autumn is my favourite season too and Marjolein Bastins's 2014 Lang calendar lies in waiting.
As always, you have shared some lovely quotes and poems.
Have a good week.
Judith

Mary Howell Cromer said...

I so enjoy seeing anything done by Marjolein Bastin. What an amazing nature artist. Your flowers are really lovely too~

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've enjoyed the poetry and beautiful images. Each year I try to find reasons to love Fall more. You've inspired me tonight. And I love M. Bastin, too. I still try to find her cards in the stores. Happy Fall!

NanaDiana said...

What beautiful, beautiful images, Clara. I have several things by Marjolein Bastin. She is one of my very favorite artists. I always buy her calendar as soon as it is issued so I don't miss out on getting one. Hope you have a wonderful week-xo Diana

Bernideen said...

Clara:
This is a beautiful post and full of lovely photos and pictures. Just loving it all - especially the
sunflowers and bee teapot!

Vee said...

And a beautiful post it is...I enjoyed the photos, the collage, the graphics, and the poetry.

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

I would love to stop and share a cup of lemon tea with you Clara - sounds delicious.

I love all your poems and the beautiful images with them - you've created a most thoughtful Autumn post - thank you!

Much love and hugs
Shane

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

What a lovely post, I so enjoyed reading this.

Your quotes and choice of photos were just so pleasing, thank you so very much.

Dawna Motz said...

Stopping by from Mosaic Monday, your sunflower caught my eye! One of my favorites.

Rowan said...

What a perfectly lovely post both words and pictures. Our Lady of the Cow Parsley is one of my favourite paintings and I just love the jug with pears on the side.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Wonderful post on autumn, both in pictures and words.

Stephanie said...

Hi sweet Clara! Your post was truly a delight to read and I enjoyed reading each quote and poem. May you have a lovely week. Hugs!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Welcome back, Clara! We've missed you! I so enjoyed your post filled with pretty photos and poetry. A delight to read. Your apple teacup and honey bee teapot are just wonderful. Thank you for coming to tea and have a beautiful day. Happy Autumn!

Blessings,
Sandi

Beth said...

Love your pitcher with sunflowers, Clara. The artwork and poetry is enchanting too!

Millie said...

I always am drawn to Bastin artwork, and I love your beautifully composed photos too!

Antiques And Teacups said...

t a lovely post! I love the pre Raphaelites and also Marjolein Bastian. Your beehive teapot is so cute! Such lovely seasonal artwork and poetry. Such a pleasure to visit!
Ruth

xinex said...

Beautiful. Sunflower and bee teapot!...Christine

Snap said...

What a beautiful way to welcome Autumn! I love Marjolein Bastin --- amazing artist. Happy Tea Day!

Beth said...

Hi Clara, Wanted to leave you a note of where you can get pumpkin chai tea: I get it online from davidstea(dot)com
Have a great wknd! Beth

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

Hello Clara, what a beautiful tribute to Autumn. Love the images and the poetry - your bee teapot is gorgeous! I will be featuring your post in this week's A Return to Loveliness, I appreciate you sharing,
Kathy

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you. ~Clara~