Monday, October 14, 2013

A Pink Tea In October


CUP OF TEA

When the world is all at odds
And the mind is all at sea
Then cease the useless tedium
And brew a cup of tea.
There is magic in its' fragrance,
There is solace in its' taste;
And the laden moments vanish
Somehow into space.
And the world becomes a lovely thing!
There's beauty as you'll see;
All because you briefly stopped
To brew a cup of tea.

~Anonymous 



Hello everyone,
Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage is hosting
a special Tea Time Tuesday for
Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
I am sharing two of my newest teacups.



 My birthday was last month and this September 
 teacup was a gift from my daughter.
I love the pretty pink Asters adorning the
cup and saucer.






 mark on the bottom~
Dynasty by Royal Patrician.





In October every year, one of our local
churches hosts a tea room luncheon and
gift shop. I found this pretty toile teacup
just waiting for me and at a very good price.



mark on the bottom~
Royal Chelsea
made in England
Dairymaids


Back of the teacup.


My Mason teapot and the little cup and saucer 
you've seen before but they go so well with
my new transferware platter.


It is a great addition
 to my red transferware collection.
mark on bottom ~
IGHTHAM MOTE
Kent ad 1340
J&G Meakin
England




Thank you Sandi for hosting this special tea.



 

14 comments:

Bernideen said...

A beautiful presentation of pink - lovely cups and saucers and a great tribute to Breast Cancer Awareness!

{oc cottage} said...

pretty! pretty! pretty!

m ^..^

Antiques And Teacups said...

Pink is perfect! I love your pink toile! So cute! And goes perfectly with the transferware. Such a pretty post! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Tea in Texas said...

Beautiful new teacups and saucers. The September cup and saucer is the perfect Birthday gift from your daughter. The Royal Chelsea pink toile is a great find and what fun to attend the event. Have a great week!

Pam

Lavender Cottage said...

Hello Clara
A belated happy birthday, I like the pretty cup and saucer from your daughter.
The other teacup goes well with your growing red transferware collection, the scene on the platter is nice.
I've been meaning to tell you that your gmail address bounces back as undeliverable.
Have a good week.
Judith

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

A belated Happy Birthday to you Clara! Your pink aster teacup is so pretty. I usually see blue asters so the pink is a lovely surprise! The toile, I love, as you know me and my love for toile and transferware. What a pretty post! Thanks so much for sharing your pinks today and coming to tea. Have a delightful day, my friend.

Blessings,
Sandi

NanaDiana said...

What pretty pinks you are showing here, Clara. Love them all. I especially love the transferware! Hope you are having a wonderful Monday- xo Diana

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Lovely pink post! Your new pink aster teacup matches my pink asters in the garden! Beautiful transferware!
Nancy

Maria A. said...

Hi Clara,
I loved your display of pink cups! Such a beautiful selection... and including a birthday gift from your daughter!Congratulations!
Hugs from Portugal

Gina said...

Clara, your tea settings are so pretty and delicate! Thank you for sharing them with us.

Zaa said...

OMG ..What a lovely pink selection of tea cups ..I just adore you little " toile' find... It's very special. Thank You for sharing your pretties...Hugs

Beth said...

What a lovely transferware teapot and cup. Love the toile cup too as well as the pretty teacup your daughter gave you. A very pretty tea time today!

Shelia said...

Hi Clara! Oh, first of all I love the look of your blog dress! It's gorgeous! Your tea cups are so pretty and I just love red and white transferware! :)
Thank you so much for popping in to see me and you could be right! The internet does strange things to us sometimes.
Have a great weekend,
Shelia ;)

Terri said...

Hello Clara,
I have been away this week, so I am late to your party.
Your tea cups are all wonderful. I love the aster cup your daughter gifted you. That is sweet! The cup you found at the sale is also gorgeous.
And your other china too is beautiful.
I hope you are having a great weekend.
Hugs,
Terri

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you. ~Clara~