Monday, October 7, 2013

A Pumpkin In My Teacup

Pumpkins

Pumpkins, pumpkins in a patch
As far as I can see.
Pumpkins, pumpkins in a patch
Look, that one's bigger than me!

I need a pumpkin nice and round
So I can carve a face.
And when I've found the perfect one
I'll bring it back to my place.

I'll make a nice big pumpkin smile
That'll light the night with cheer.
My small little pumpkin from the patch
This colorful time of year.

Sharon Froese
 
 Hello everyone,
 I hope you enjoyed your weekend as much as I did.
I know this isn't a pumpkin but it looks awfully cute in my new teacup.
Sometimes gourds can be so photogenic and calling my post A Gourd in
My Teacup, just didn't sound as good.


Actually there are two new teacups here.
The one on top has pretty flowers inside.
I can't read the mark very well but I think
it says Wellington China England.
The one on the bottom is by Noritake.






 

This is the front of the teacup.


 Have a lovely week.

15 comments:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

The fall color is just beautiful with your chintzware. I like your pretty new teacups too. I'm always on the look out for new ones. So nice that you came by!

Antiques And Teacups said...

I'd go with the pumpkin as well..it DOES sound more poetic, especially with the poem. Your photos are lovely...as always! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Sylvia said...

The color goes good anyway. Love your teacups.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Clara,
Your little gourd looks sweet sitting in your teacup. It's the color of a pumpkin so it fits the poem. Your teacups are so pretty and I always love to see chintz. Thank you for coming to tea and have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Millie said...

That is one handsome gourd! Nice teacups too.

kitty said...

Oh Clara, the gourd is the perfect ornament for your pretty teacups!

Lavender Cottage said...

Hello Clara
Your new teacups are pretty and sitting a gourd that could pass for a pumpkin in them adds an autumnal touch. The yellow flowers off to the side really compliment the yellow on both teacups.
Have a good week.
Judith

Beth said...

Hi Clara, Your "pumpkin" looks lovely in the teacup. Very pretty teacups you are sharing today. Love the pretty ivory plate too. Have a wonderful fall!
Hugs, Beth

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Clara, thankyou so much for your visit. Your teacup is really pretty. Have a great week,
Gina

Gina said...

Hello Clara. I found your blog through Stephanie's. It is so lovely. And I love gourds! They are so odd but colorful! And your little Beau is precious. Is he a poodle? I have a miniature poodle named little Miss Matilda Bear.

NanaDiana said...

That is very, very cute- poem and pumpkin! xo Diana

Pondside said...

That's such a pretty idea for a tea time centrepiece! Very sweet!

Stephanie said...

You always share the most charming poems, Clara :) It is such a joy to visit you and I am so glad you shared your new tea cups - they are beauties! Have a delightful day! Hugs!

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Hi Clara,
What a lovely sweet post and I love your new teacups! Adding the gourd makes a perfect autumn setting!
Hugs..Nancy

Martha said...

Love the "pumpkin" in the teacup! And I adore your teacups!

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you. ~Clara~